On Nov 18, 2012, at 5:23 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:48:11 -0800 Dave Ray <ap...@jonive.com> said:
>
>> Hi,
>> I haven't been able to build e17 (/trunk/e/) for the last week on OSX. I get
>> the following build error:
>>
>> $ make
>> …
>> Making all in modules
>>  CC     backlight/e_mod_main.lo
>>  CCLD   backlight/module.la
>> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>>  "_e_action_add", referenced from:
>>      _e_modapi_init in e_mod_main.o
>>  "_e_action_del", referenced from:
>>      _e_modapi_shutdown in e_mod_main.o
>>  "_e_action_predef_name_del", referenced from:
>>      _e_modapi_shutdown in e_mod_main.o
>>  "_e_action_predef_name_set", referenced from:
>>      _e_modapi_init in e_mod_main.o
>>  "_e_backlight_level_get", referenced from:
>> …
>> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[4]: *** [backlight/module.la] Error 1
>> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> can u try removing -no-undefined in AM_LDFLAGS from Makefile.am in
> src/modules ?

Yes, that worked! Thanks!

e now builds on OSX.

I am pleased to report the issue with the socket file on OSX is fixed! The
changes you made there were successul.

The blank file menus are working once again, as expected, since that was a side
effect of the socket file problem.

The default theme looks very nice indeed. It wasn't showing up for a while.

I'll do some thorough testing so everything runs smoothly for the 12/21 release.

-Dave