The plan seems sensible enough.  I'll be happy to help out whatever way I
can.

 Virtual machines, well as far as performance goes, if the vm is doing the
job fast enough, I don't really care what technology is used.  I haven't used
kvm before, but shouldn't be too hard to work it out.

 I'm not too sure of the benefits of a reverse proxy in this instance.
It's easy enough to let iptables do dnat or load balancing, plus it's more
convenient from an administration/maintenance perspective.

 By the sounds of it, top priority is migrating all services on e2 to a vm on
the e5 system.  Which can't happen, until the vm host and router vm is
active.  So, if monsieur beber needs help with any of these, my email address
can be found above.

 Cheers,
 dave.k