On 08/13/2013 12:28 PM, Michael Blumenkrantz wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Nikolas Arend <sns...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I seem to have problems with moving and resizing ibar as a gadget:
>>
>> - if I try to resize a newly created ibar gadget (orientation 'free') I
>> can only make it larger, not smaller
>>
>> - changing the orientation of an ibar gadget from 'free' (which seems to
>> be the default) to 'vertical' makes it grow to a ridiculous size and I
>> have found no way to shrink it again, I need to remove it from the
>> gadget layer
>>

>> Cheers,  Nick
>>

> fixed, but I'm |..| close to removing gadman entirely because it's so hacky

I understand, but please don't, at least not until there is an
alternative ;-)

The commits fix most of my issues, however, now pager seems to have a
problem to remember size and location when changing screen resolutions
via xrander (e.g. for an external display). Also ibar doesn't keep or
adjust its size properly like it did before the fix.

Other gadgets, like tasks or places, work fine in this respect.

Thanks,   Nick