Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> писал(а) в своём письме Fri, 12 Jul
2013 08:50:35 +0200:

> On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:14:29 +0200 "Vadim Efimov" <eva...@evadim.ru> said:
>
>> Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> писал(а) в своём письме Sun, 16 Jun
>> 2013 03:39:56 +0200:

>> > i just added support in e_acpi.c for these kind of acpi events. it needed a
>> > whole new bit of logic to deal with them. untested as only you have that
>> > hardware. :) you'll need to test and get back to me. :)
>> >

>> Hm, still no reaction. I just recompile E and try. Maybe I miss something?
>
> well i added them and relevant code... see e_acpi.c - as i dont have your hw,
> i can't test that. can you do the digging and find out? look for
> _devices_simple_state.

Hello,

Long time ago, in another galaxy, somebody asked about talet support... :-D
Anyway, better later than never. Today I finally figure out whole damn story
about tablet acpi event:

— Special software (like MagickRotate) detect tablet status from hardware itself
   (by polling something) and do some actions - rotate screen, etc...

— To acpid 2.0.17 added new event - video/tabletmode TBLT

— xorg server start crashed every time then event received - unfortunately acpid
   devs make it malformed, and xorg devs didn't filter events from acpid. Fixed
   in xorg-server 1.14

— in acpid 2.0.18 devs fix tablet event, so, software start recognize it:
   changed from
video/tabletmode TBLT on K
video/tabletmode TBLT off K
   to more standard
video/tabletmode TBLT 0000008A 00000001 K
video/tabletmode TBLT 0000008A 00000000 K

So, I try to do some research in e_acpi.c , but as I'm not a coder, just add

    {"video/tabletmode", E_ACPI_TYPE_TABLET},

in line 79, to

E_ACPI_Device_Simple _devices_simple[] =

comment lines about it in

E_ACPI_Device_Simple_State _devices_simple_state[] =

and change one line in e_acpi.h to E_ACPI_TYPE_TABLET

Now I can add an "unknown" acpi event into acpi bindings dialog - woohoo!

As of the original idea of switching E's profiles switch via rotate screen
still unsuccessful. I can't figure out what to assign to event. Binding
"run command" didn't work, and then I add second, command in first one wiped.

Which module produce config "e_randr.cfg" ? If I switch profiles from xterm via
enlightenment_remote -default-profile-set mobile
enlightenment_remote -default-profile-set standard
sometimes after switch I see black screen, and seems E crashed. I can sun E
successfully only after remove e_randr.cfg* files.

If I insert commands to switch E profiles to magick rotate, X crashed and
I see kdm screen. magick rotate can run command before and after rotate,
and I see first thing - switch profile or rotate screen works fine, but
second action - rotate screen or switch profile crash X. After that, some
times I have to remove e_randr configs to start normally.

I update EFL+E today.

Have a nice day, Vadim