On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 08:50:02 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:59:28 -0300 Lucas De Marchi
> <lucas.demar...@profusion.mobi> said:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> > <barbi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > currently I'm not bothering, but indeed this would help more than
> > > talking.

> > > 1 - because some systems don't have systemd, thus we have
> > > different plugins (tizen for instance);
> >
> > Yet the ones that matter (should) implement that interfaces.
>
> one of those platforms... that efl is shipped on by default,  doesnt
> use systemd for this (but it should), so abstracting is a must as we
> then already have 2 paths. we ALSO have upower... a bit older than
> systemd and some distros wont go "systemd"... and then think bsd.
> they may have their own things (i have no idea what they are), but it
> gives a point for them to plug in and abstract.

Then there's things like Windows and Mac OS X.  Systemd might not even
be an option in some places.  As much as I hate it, and would prefer to
just ignore it and hope it goes away, Windows counts as one of the "ones
that matter".  Mac also counts, but at least it's kinda, sorta, Unixy
under the hood, and I can live with that.