On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:33:35 -0200 Lucas De Marchi
> <lucas.demar...@profusion.mobi> said:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>
>> wrote:

>> > try reviewing the backlog of patch reviews first before suggesting every
>> > dev
>> > needs to put their commits in for review first. considering the small
>> > volume of patches there gets ignored for days or weeks at a time... just
>> > wait for the total zero-movement efl and e will do if its done your way.
>>
>> I don't think he's saying for you to send your commits through
>> phabricator or anything like that. The point is... you can git commit,
>> then test stuff, do something more, commit again, etc, etc, etc.  And
>> if it happens to be "oohh... I did a bad commit before", you can just
>> squash the commit... After all that you can git push. no need to add
>> new commits on top with just printf--
>
> "get them tested and reviewed" reads to say to get them tested and reviewed..
> by others. at least in english it does. :)

So in English there's no way to say "review your own commits before
pushing?" ;-)

This is one thing that's very different from svn that may take a while
to get used to... you can commit, write a good message and wait a
little bit before publishing that to others.

You can commit and then "git show" to see if everything is in place,
there's no printf left, etc etc.

Lucas De Marchi