On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Felipe Magno de Almeida
<felipe.m.alme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> it is the _perfect_ match IMO. Probably we should ask someone
> that actually uses Lua about it, instead of guessing.

I'm inclined to agree with raster here. I honestly don't see
coroutines being a good match here - the API is one thing, and there
is one other thing to consider that wasn't brought up and that is
performance - coroutines cannot be JITed and for async stuff we'll be
jumping across C-Lua border all the time over classic C API rather
than fast FFI stuff (it will also add a significant amount of new
runtime on C side, which I would rather avoid) which will abort traces
and hurt perf.

If we have promises at all (I'm still against them, and I think this
"hurr async everything, promises everywhere" approach creates more
problems than it solves) then the separate promise object is probably
the sanest approach. Obviously this object would be bound manually,
having an eo file defining it is stupid (honestly, I'm against having
Eo.Base in an eo file as well, I'd rather make it a builtin, it's not
like bindings are going to use it - Lua already skips it and binds it
on its own).

D5