On 01/17/2017 12:30 AM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> Hi Raster,
>
>  - waf/meson/jam and I'd add http://gittup.org/tup/: all look nice,
> but I have not much experience. Not that much used and seems to only
> cover a subset as well. (tup is nice since they can run an
> inotify-based daemon that monitors for changed files... which helps *a
> lot*).

How many major distro's are shipping these out of the box? we don't
really want to add another hurdle to users building by needing to
manually install a build system first, we also don't want to add a
hurdle to distro packagers in needing to package a new build system just
to package efl (most distro's will require the build system to be packaged).

> I'd *NOT* go with glue in shell because that usually needs lots of
> complex data structures to simplify the code, otherwise you waste lots
> of time working around poor hash support to do it in shell... Pure
> shell would also not be my favorite tool to write the build system per
> se since tracking parallel tasks with it is more complex than with
> make/ninja or other tools meant for that.

I'd agree with that as well,

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30