On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 12:13 PM, Vincent Torri <vincent.to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey
>
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm doing an experiment with slack.com as IRC alternative.
>
> I'm not sure if it is related to what you want to do, but why not
> improving Express ?

not much about the client, more about slight differences to plain old
IRC... while it resembles IRC in usage, it offers richer content which
could improve usage, like inline pastebin, attach documents...

it's also easier to use from multiple machines, currently I use a
server+ssh+screen+irssi to achieve that, but admittedly it's a PITA to
access and use that using the phone. Others use bip or some irc-proxy,
which kinda works but I found more annoying and not that much more
useful.

their "app" is just a webview on top of blink, so you can consider it
like a pure web service. they offer some API to their service, so as
devilhorns said we can try to integrate to express. And they offer
XMPP and IRC gateways, so existing clients can be used.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri