> 1 - I am sure I am not using the right method to retrieve and compile the
> source, and if someone could help me I will appreciate, but after trying the
> git method and the easy_17 method, only easy17 gave me some results. Git
> methos tells me that I have to download around 1 million objects and even
> with
> my best efforts, download speed is not more than 30KB, so I will have to wait
> an eternity to the process start. Is there a way to improve it?

 Well, I can tell you how I get E17 up and running.  I'm not using git or svn
right now.  Instead, I'm using the stable source code release, downloadable
by using the following wget commands:

 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/enlightenment-0.17.0.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/terminology-0.2.0.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/eet-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/evas-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/embryo-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/edje-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/e_dbus-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/expedite-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/eina-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/ecore-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/efreet-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/eeze-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget
http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/evas_generic_loaders-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/eio-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/emotion-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/ethumb-1.7.5.tar.gz
 wget http://download.enlightenment.org/releases/elementary-1.7.5.tar.gz

 I compile them using the standard "./configure; make; make install" process,
in this order:
 eina
 embryo
 eet
 evas
 evas_generic_loaders
 ecore
 eio
 e_dbus
 efreet
 edje
 emotion
 elementary

 Then I compile the e17 package.

 All works fine for me, on a Debian Testing platform.

> 2 - After easy17 running, I had to skip a lot of modules, because of
> e_mod_main having no dbus references

 Not sure, based on your description of the issue.  I assume you haven't
compiled the e_dbus library.

> 3 - Compiled the basic, after start e17, where is the installed applications
> in the menu? last version I installed in my debian 6, 0.16.999.71439, all the
> references on the applications were there. What am I doing wrong?

 The Applications menu is nicely populated on my system.  It could be because
of your old configuration.  Try starting with a brand new config.

 The stable e17 release will wipe your old configuration automatically, so
make sure to backup your current configuration if you want to revert it.

> 4 - Composing took me almost 60% of opengl performance. Even with an nvidia
> board overclocked, performance with vsync turned on is more stable than with
> it off, but it limits the framerate on 60fps, and after 3 opengl applications
> running, it starts to degrade. Any suggestions?

 Do you want a framerate of more than 60fps?  If your monitor is refreshing
at that rate, then it seems rather useless to have it any higher.

 The stable e17 release may help you with this.  Try that out, and see how
it performs for you.

> 5 - I was always a big fan of enlughtenment, since version 16, when I changed
> windowmaker to e16, and I understand the decision of stabilish goals to
> finish
> version 17, but in my opinion, it is a very steep transition, and some of
> them
> may make users run away from e17

 E17 is a completely different beast to E16.  Other than some design
decisions being inherited, it's effectively unrelated to E16.  It's more than
just a version up from E16.  Probably should have had a different name,
except that Enlightenment is an awesome name, and it's hard to give that up.

 Maybe should have called it the E2000.  It's certainly had enough work done
on it over the years to deserve the version bump.  Plus, it can now keep well
ahead of firefox, for the next few years at least.

 dave