On 12/03/2014 10:14 PM, toki clover wrote:

>> Nice work, I might need to have a look and see if i can intergrate with
>> my scripts to make a couple more nice themes,
>>
>> http://simotek.net/tech/projects/linux-themes/darkmod-enlightenment-theme-converter/
>> https://github.com/simotek/Enlightenment-Themes
>>
> Nice scripts... I was thinking of a lighter theme myself when preparing
> 0.19.0 release.
> There are a (very?) few images to convert... minor a few customized mostly
> by
> gtk-2 theme (gtk-3 uses more stock images here.)
>

> The other consideration is, there a very few added images to theme
> menu/check/radio
> in gtk-2 because there is no way to do it easily but having a single image.
> gtk-3 does
> not suffer about this because of the css capabilities to support background
> multilayers.
> This can be alleviated by using file/overlay_file to compose 2 layers with
> pixmap engine.
>
> Other than those two consideration, automating a colorization is very easy.
> And
> those two point are not that difficult to overcome, it would just require a
> bit more
> tweaking to use more stock image and use something like convert (from
> ImageMagick)
> to compose check/radio button if necessary.
My script uses ImageMagick's convert, I split the images out into, blue,
backround and shadows then apply different transforms to each, this
works well in the enlightenment theme as most of the images are split
out this way. I then just run sed on all the text files. I haven't
really played with GTK themes since back in the gnome 2 days but i might
try and make the script work with it over my short Summer Break.

Cheers Simon