On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 09:55:47AM +0100, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > So, I guess no one does those two alt + mouse click gestures?
>
> did you see my mail? :) alt+left to move is pretty common i believe but not
> the
> others.

Yeah, sorry, the one I'm missing elsehwere is alt + middle click. Being
able to resize without having to grab the corner, is super nice.

> everyone has or is on the way to dropping xmbed - so if youw ant xmbed .. you
> need something like stanlonetray. e supports app indicator protocol. it's a
> dbus protocol instead of x windows reparented. it, at least, works in wayland
> too. xmbed never will (well other than for x app compatibility with xwayland -
> i mean in a wayland native world).

Yeah, I've heard that, but I'm confused. When I got to let's stay
cinnamon, I see a tray where lots of other apps go like wicd,
network-manager, and so forth.

Is that using xmbed or something else?
How do I get those apps as icons/tray in E if they aren't natively
supported like some of the epplets that ship with E? (for instance the
one to control volume or backlight)

Thanks,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                       | PGP 7F55D5F27AAF9D08