On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:51:34 -0700 Marc MERLIN <marc_...@merlins.org> said:

> On Sun, Sep 06, 2020 at 09:38:49PM +0100, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 10:55:06 -0700 Marc MERLIN <marc_...@merlins.org> said:
> >
> > well given your sleeps the windows will come up after e has started... i am
> > wondering if its gnome-=terminal asking to move the window? tried using
> > xterm or terminology instead?
>
> I'm using it because I use a weird in between (fractional) font size
> that happens to be perfect for me :)
> However, you just gave me the hint I needed a reminder of:
> locks/prevent window from moving on its own

aha! well that was my idea for "try another one that probably doesn't go trying
to move its own window wherever it wants". i know xterm and terminology will be
well behaved and leave it up to the wm to decide what to do with placement and
not try and second guess the wm.

> I'm not sure why, but it was lost/gone from some windows. i'll put it
> back and hopefully that will take care of things.

that's why it exists. to tell badly behaving apps to "get lost". :)

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com