On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 08:03:16 -0700 Marc MERLIN <marc_...@merlins.org> said:

> On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 08:56:49AM +0100, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > it could be a race where gtk/gnome terminal is setting role AFTER it shows
> > the window... so it's a pure luck/race condition that by the time e
> > responds to the map request and reads the window properties role may or may
> > not be set by that time. that is a possible reason. as i mentioned
> > already... try with another terminal that i'm pretty sure is doing things
> > right and see if the issue happens there too. elimination of possible
> > things.
>
> I see.
> Is there an easy way to find out if the properties are being saved on
> disk properly, to make sure the lock properties are being saved?

cd ~/.e/e/config/standard

vieet e.cfg config

search for "remembers"

> Also, with the new E that saves current state before it restarts, is
> there a way to make it behave like the old E and tell it "please apply
> config saved settings to all current running windows?"
> Obviously I could revert to E 0.23 and that'll fix my problem, but you
> told me enough about how I should be running E 0.24 :)

well the config e has is the current config so there is no way. if the window
moved, resized etc. e saves the config for remembers again so it keeps it in
sync with the current state. it always has done this.

> I hear you on switching terminals, it'll be my last option. I don't
> actually like gnome, but the termeinal checks a lot of checkboxes I
> need.

just try it to test....

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com