Massimo Maiurana ha scritto il 28/06/21 alle 15:13:
Carsten Haitzler ha scritto il 28/06/21 alle 00:22:
On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 22:36:09 +0200 Massimo Maiurana <maiur...@gmail.com> said:

Carsten Haitzler ha scritto il 27/06/21 alle 11:09:
On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 08:03:35 +0200 Massimo Maiurana <maiur...@gmail.com>
said:

I don't know it this is related, but sometimes in my PC enlightenment
seems to loose connection with pulse: mixer doesn't show any card, I get
only dummy device. Restarting the E session restores the connection,
though.

pulseaudio might be crashing?

I don't think so as pavucontrol is still perfecty functional in that
situation.

just check - does the PID change?

That's not easy to do as it happens only sometimes and so i can't know what the pid was before it stops working. Next time i'll try to look in logs to see if they tells something about a respawn of pulse :)

Ok, it did happen today and indeed i see many pulseaudio restarts in syslog, though i don't know why it exits for a failure. Pavucontrol still works as usually, as i think it connects to the running daemon when it is launched, but the mixer icon doesn't react. I can still control volume running the E mixer, which has the playback tab empty but all other tabs in a normal state. Is there a way to restart only the mixer, not the entire E session, in order to connect to the live pulseaudio system?

again - libpulse handles connecting to and
talking to pulseaudio. the mixer module just uses libpulse to talk to
pulseaudio. loss of connection would suggest pulseaudio is going away and
that closes the connection.

Massimo Maiurana