Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [e-users] How can I get system sounds?
  Date & Time: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 09:59:53 +0100

[CH] == Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> has written:

CH>  On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:59:58 +0900 Masaru Nomiya <nom...@galaxy.dti.ne.jp>
said:

[...]
CH>  Hmmm... any replies? Might need to poke him but it sounds like
CH> it's been solved below.

Sorry, I can't think so.

CH>  > Anyway, I get a system sound, a little bit.
CH>  >
CH>  > That is, I typed by mistake;
CH>  >
CH>  >  $ systemctl daemon-reload
CH>  >
CH>  > then appeared "Password for root" panel, then I entered root's password.
CH>  > Wow, every key openration makes sound!

CH>  that's an option in terminology you can turn on and off. also for
CH>  all entries in elementary it's also an option - elementary_config
CH>  has options under audio to mute sounds (specific types of sounds
CH>  - you can mute them all if you like).

I know it.
But, I'm not using terminology, but urxvt-256color.

Is this problematic?

CH>  > Moreover, mouse operation on emixer made sounds as well, but it no
CH>  > sound now....
CH>  >
CH>  > Is this give you any clue?

CH>  some daemon did not start or started badly i guess - something beyond e's
CH>  control.

Uhm .....,

CH>  > [What I did]
CH>  >
CH>  > I upgraded pipeware from 0.3.38 to from 0.3.39.
CH>  >
CH>  > I always install the vary latest efl & enlightenment.

CH>  I can only guess something with your system pulseaudio broke.

$ pactl info

Server String: /run/user/1000/pulse/native
Library Protocol Version: 35
Server Protocol Version: 35
Is Local: yes
Client Index: 33
Tile Size: 65472
User Name: masaru
Host Name: linux-egwc
Server Name: PulseAudio (on PipeWire 0.3.39)
Server Version: 15.0.0
Default Sample Specification: float32le 2ch 48000Hz
Default Channel Map: front-left,front-right
Default Sink: alsa_output.usb-D___M_Holdings_Inc._HD-DAC1-00.analog-stereo
Default Source: alsa_input.usb-Sony_Corporation_UAB-80-00.mono-fallback
Cookie: 25e8:7f47

This produces very nice sounds.
Especially,

  PulseAudio (on PipeWire 0.3.39) + Audacity (beyond 3.1.0 alapha) +
  Hi-Res sound source

makes marvelous sounds.

Nevertheless, my system pulseaudio broke?

To tell you the truth, no system sounds doesn't a matter.
No problem with my system is the matter for me.

Thanks.

---
┏━━┓彡 Masaru Nomiya             mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛ "No Windows, no gains!" ..... "Why, I am wrong?"

                                          -- Bill --