On Wed, 07 Jul 2021 19:42:06 +0900 Masaru Nomiya <nom...@galaxy.dti.ne.jp> said:

at least on arch linux i've noticed pulseaudio auto-spawns on its own.
enlightenment's mixer code will also run pulseaudio if it has not been run (e
cant connect to pulseaudio and pulse is the selected backend). in pulse.c:

   if (_pulse_connect(ctx) == EINA_TRUE) // true == failed and try again
     {
        if (!pulse_started)
          ecore_exe_run("pulseaudio --start", NULL);
        pulse_started = 1;
     }

But as I said... I haven't found this code is needed as pulse seems to
auto-spawn (socket activated maybe or just part of the normal login session
from systemd for users - I have not checked).

Maybe simotek knows as this is suse ...

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com