Hi Mr. Bill,

 > After reading the specs on the 1Ds mk III I didn't think it was
 > something I would want.  The ISO is limited to 3200, which really
 > hinders visible light photography, and the slower fps would hinder
 > taking pictures of people running and jumping.

 That's why Canon also makes the 1D Mk III.

The 1D sensors are smaller in physical size. Therefore they have smaller photosites, than an equivalent megapixel sensor for a full frame camera. Smaller photosites mean they typically don't have the same dynamic range, and therefore image quality, or larger photosites. So, I don't think that logic follows.

Regards,

Austin

The 1D sensors are smaller in size, but the photosites are larger. The 1D mkIII has a pitch of 135 photosites/mm, whereas the 1Ds mkIII has a pitche of 156 photosites/mm. So the 1D has photosites with about 1/3 more area than the 1Ds photosites.

--
   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design