Ever Hear of William of Ockham.... Nominalism... more as an "empirical
way" to think rather that as the opinions that you or anyone should
hold....?
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ockham/
http://plato.stanford.edu/search/searcher.py?query=Nominalism
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nominalism-metaphysics/
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/realism/

Idealism... Realism.... Phenomenology...Nominalism

Anyway... there's a lot of them... after a while... others (and after
them me too) started to see "patterns" or threads between them and
thought that most "philosophies" fall under one of the above broad
headings.... and that they differ
logically one heading from the nextr.... anyway, I chose
nominalism.... you may want to consider decidiing or trying to
understand which one you yourself prefer....I was about your age when
I tried to make my choice decision judgment....

Mind's Eye....
THAR be Censors THAR....
Censors Be folks who thinks they knows it All...  when they really
don't know shit...
 It's important to know shit, at least. HAR....