The discovery of the electron spin
     / S.A. Goudsmit /

And that was it: the spin; thus is was discovered, in that manner.
 Of course we told Ehrenfest about it and then summer was over
and I went again to Amsterdam and various episodes followed.
Naturally, I found it wonderful, because in the formalism which
I knew it fitted perfectly. And the rigorous physics behind it
I did not fathom. But Uhlenbeck, being a good physicist, started
to think about it. ...... "A charge that rotates"......? He claims
that he
 then went to Lorentz and that Lorentz replied: "Yes, that is very
difficult because it causes the self energy of the electron to be
wrong".

And Uhlenbeck also tells you that ........
We had just written a short article in German and given to
Ehrenfest, who wanted to send it to "Naturwissenschaften".
Now it is being told that Uhlenbeck got frightened, went to
Ehrenfest and said:
 "Don't send it off, because it probably is wrong;
 it is impossible,
one cannot have an electron that rotates at such high speed and
 has the right moment". And Ehrenfest replied:
 "It is too late, I have sent it off already".
 But I do not remember the event, I never had the idea that is was
 wrong because I did not know enough. The one thing I remember
 is that Ehrenfest said to me:
"Well, that is a nice idea, though it may be wrong.
But you don't yet have a reputation, so you have nothing to lose".
 That is the only thing I remember.
http://www.lorentz.leidenuniv.nl/history/spin/goudsmit.html
======================…
“ . . . . .  it is impossible,
one cannot have an electron that rotates at such high speed
 and  has the right moment".
/ S.A. Goudsmit /
==.
1.
Do we have another way to explain the high speed of rotation
 ( frequency) of elementary particles?
2.
And if it is possible  (!) . . . . . then  . . . the constant speed
c=1
of quantum of light will be minimally.
And we have theory  . . .  theory of ‘ Tachyon.’
===.
S.