To the chemist, protons are not 'real' as
they are constructed and we can blow them apart.  They and smaller
'bricks' are just accounting devices.  No doubt I always thought you
were in 'denial' mate! /Archytas

Please define your terms..... are protons or all these smaller
"bricks"....Ideas or are they Matter....Are they Conceptual or are they
Physical.....when a Mass spectrometer  or a particle accellerator gets an
indication of a "hit"... is that "objective" or "subjective"... is it an
idea or is it a physical "thing"....?
You know Archytas.... sometimes I wonder about you .... Do you
misunderstand me that much?... Or are you lost in your your own ( perhaps
confused) semantic abstractions and definitions of universals (of concepts
and ideas)....remember any theory is only as good as its "efficacy"
(adherence to the "real" Res)... Ptolemy had a great conceptual vision for
the workings of the astrological universe.....but it was slightly off...