Hi!
No problem asking the question to the list, it's here for just that
purpose...
It is indeed possible to bundle erlang with erlide. There are some good
reasons we didn't do this, however. Firstly, this would make the
installation package for erlide much larger, perhaps five to ten times
larger, depending on how much of OTP to be bundled. Secondly, there are
different builds of the erlang runtime for different platforms, which would
make the erlide feature platform-specific instead of portable, this would
mean several builds when creating a relase.
We recommend that you install the latest Erlang/OTP version before you
install Erlide. This is used by erlide itself. When you compile or debug
with other versions, they can be R13 or newer.
Hope this answers your question, good luck with your application!
/Jakob