From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mike Massee
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 10:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ERPS] CAD programs
In one of the very early versions of Lightwave, one of the default viewing modes in the perspective view window in modeler was a wireframe that gently rocked back and forth continuously as you worked.   It was very nice and it used some double-buffering techniques which at the time could only have been done easily on the Amiga, with it's blitter chip and DMA memory access.    (easy to do as a background task that wouldn't slow you down on a 7mhz 68000 processor that is)   That option hasn't been there since 3.0 (the software is up to 7.5 now) but occasionally I see a use for that feature and miss it.    It has been mostly outdated by the ability of OpenGL to render the object on the fly as you twirl it around with your mouse (used to become a bounding box until you finished moving/rotating it, back in the day).