Le 20/03/2013 19:04, Andrea Giammarchi a écrit :
I don't understand where is the problem ... any library that uses __proto__ can and should be updated with a shim waiting for next version of JS to support it.
Which library? What are the inconsistencies between the current __proto__ draft spec and how libraries use __proto__ today? Please be very specific; that's quite relevant when doing a de facto standard so it's important to know.

Object.setPrototypeOf = function (object, proto) {
object.__proto__ = proto;
  return object;
};

That does not look bad at all to me, educate developers out there that __proto__ is harmful and forbidden 'cause saying "we can't do much is already used" doesn't mean is OK to use it, same as polluting Object.prototype, still possible, nobody does it (not in an old fashioned way at least)
What's your point here?
I don't understand why Object.setPrototypeOf should be added or shimmed if the best practice is to avoid using __proto__.

David