Jorge Chamorro wrote:

<mailto:andrea.giammar...@gmail.com>>  wrote:
>>      solution provided by
> > No, you're right -- agree with you and Andrea, this is sweet.

Are main.js and assets.zip two separate files, or is main.js expected to come
from into assets.zip?

The latter.

  I think the latter would be best because it would guarantee that the assets
are there by the time main.js runs, as if they were local files, ready to be
require()d synchronously.

How would old browsers cope, though? They would load only lib/main.js (and possibly make a request storm, as Russell brought out elsewhere in this thread), so (synchronous) require of another member of assets.zip might or might not work.

A prefetching <link> element might not suffice in old browsers, I'm pretty sure it won't.

If the only way to cope with downrev browsers is to use Traceur, so be it. We just need to be sure we're not missing some clever alternative.