On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM, François REMY
<francois.remy....@outlook.com> wrote:

> Bundling in general is not going to be a valid approach for any purpose
> related to efficiency soon (except maybe archive-level compression where
> grouping similar files may improve compression rate slightly). My point is
> that I'm not sure it's worth exploring bundling in the case of new standards
> that are going to be used in a future that someone can expect to come after
> HTTP2 birth.

This is a very narrow perspective. Bundling may not necessarily serve
the use cases that it currently serves once HTTP2 is deployed.
However, we should consider why real game engines use sprites, why
Java uses JAR files, and why native applications are constantly
reconsidering tradeoffs around single vs multiple dynamically-loaded
shared libraries -- all on local file systems. I/O isn't free,
multiple I/O requests are not free, and there will always be tradeoffs
in this space.

Sam