Kevin, although I agree that ES6 modules are well-designed, I don't think
the checkpoint that we did last week was a mistake, in fact, we invited
implementers of the polyfills and transpilers to share their concerns and
questions, to help us to correct course, that's all it was.

Saying that the `moduleImport` syntax was not confusing and we should not
change it is just saying that TC39 is not open for feedback, there is a
clear problem with that, and you can see it in the way people are trying to
use it, (e.g.: http://normalize.github.io/#transformations, check the way
those folks are using the imported module as a function), and believe me,
there are many more people using it wrong, because it is just confusing,
that's all. we see this very often when people are asking questions during
trainings/workshops and opening bugs for the transpilers and polyfills. The
question is, what are we going to do about it?

/caridy