Thanks Caridy,

Please forgive my occasional hyperbole, I think es-discuss is best served
with a dash of spice now and then.  : )

I agree that the current design is somewhat confusing.  That's because it
represents a perfectly balanced compromise between the multi-export,
remote-binding design favored by PL-types, and the single-export design
favored by developers accustomed to Node.js and AMD.  That duality is
inherent in the design, and it is critical for its acceptance among all
parties.

Removing "ModuleImport", in effect, tips that balance away from
multi-exports and jeopardizes the compromise, and jeopardizes the effort.

The inherent duality and resulting "confusion" should be left to evolution
to work out.  Supporting both outcomes (or a mixture thereof) is a feature,
not a bug.  That's my take, anyway.

On the other hand, the lack of "__dirname", etc. was a major hole and thank
you for addressing it!

Kevin
​