On 11 June 2014 14:01, Matthew Robb <matthewwr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:53 PM, John Barton <johnjbar...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The Traceur project would be interested in your issues and in a
>> discussion on how to improve. Improvements are easy to try.
>> jjb
>>

> No matter what improvements could be made you are always going to have a
> slower, less performant program if every access to the imported identifiers
> has to do a value lookup operation.

This transpiler lookup only applies when ensuring the live binding support
for exports. The output being referred to is not yet fully
performance-optimized, and that is because we have prioritised completeness
currently, ensuring exact circular reference and binding support.

Thanks for bringing it up, as the work at the transpiler level does need to
shift towards performance now that completeness has been covered, but this
is very much a transpiler-level concern, unrelated to the spec.