> Classes are widely used on the web. See any modern web framework.

indeed, and i conjecture in doing so, developers have caused more harm than
good for their employers in getting their web-projects shipped, when
JSON-serialization web-integration problems arise.

On Jul 25, 2018 17:44, "Michael Theriot" <michael.lee.ther...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Classes are widely used on the web. See any modern web framework.
>

> On Wednesday, July 25, 2018, kai zhu <kaizhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> @tj, would you or i care about nodejs/javascript if the language did not
exist in browsers?  in fact would anyone on tc39 give a damn about
javascript (aside from its creator) in that scenario?  as i've said before
[ad nauseam], the only drive most of us [non-frontend-developers] have in
javascript is making our backend-programs accessible to the masses via
browsers/webviews.  javascript’s dominance/relevance in industry is as a
*web-integration* language.  and its aided by its special-ability to
directly serialize JSON data-structures (an underrated, and very useful
web-integration feature), while most of its competitors have to rely on
clumsy, hard-to-serialize classes.

>> there is no foreseeable future where javascript will be a better tool
than java/c++/python/etc. for non web-related projects.  there is
no foreseeable future where employers would hire nodejs-developers to work
on non web-related projects.  so why does tc39 insist on pushing
distracting language-features (clumsy java-like classes,
non-integration-friendly meta-programming, static module-loading, etc.) for
an unrealistic future-scenario that’s not going to happen?

tj.crow...@farsightsoftware.com> wrote:

> [...]
javascript-language-features