Lurker here, I also agree with most points expressed by T.J. Crowder.

JavaScript is a scripting language that can serve many purposes. I think
the addition of class and async/await only make the language better, and if
optional static types were included (a la TypeScript or ES4) it would
probably make JavaScript the best scripting language.

I also think the Node ecosystem is a mess, and that Electron is a plague,
but those points are completely unrelated to the language itself. There are
projects such as https://nodekit.io/ that aim to provide a bloat-free
universal Electron / Cordova replacement.