On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 6:57 AM Michael Theriot <
michael.lee.ther...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In a language with arbitrary integer precision, Python 3 for example, the
> way to parse a "BigInt" would just be a plain, human readable number
> without quotes. The way to serialize it is the same. Any other kind of
> representation is out of spec, a workaround, and belongs in userland.

The problem with this, 'guessing' whether is't a Number() or a BigInt() is
that numbers and bigint's don't interop.

{a:123, b:123n}
" { "a":123, "b":123 }"  any expressions that expect B to be a BigInt()
will fail, becasue it will be in an expression of other bigints.

bigInts aren't just a better Number type, but, rather require other bigints
for their expressions.