What I meant by complete is that if the value isn't an ES Number, isn't a
boolean, and isn't null, it will have a string representation, or a binary
representation that can be encoded as a string using base64. By using a
dataUri for those cases, we can create a consistent library to handle those
issues automatically, and without guesswork (no magic). If such a utility
API became a standard in ES, other languages would be far more likely to
adopt the standardized notation that would be provided.