On 2018-08-14 15:34, Michał Wadas wrote:
Personally, I would like to see:
- third argument to JSON.parse reviver, "raw string"
- new class JSON.Fragment accepting any syntactically valid JSON in constructor
(eg. new JSON.Fragment('99999999999999999')
- returning JSON.Fragment from JSON.stringify would paste it as-it-is into
string output

This should cover any Bigint use case without breaking backward compatibility.

Would it be possible adding a little bit more meat to this? I didn't understand the
"raw string" part :-(

JSON.Fragment seems like a more universalized version of JSONNumber.

BTW, my proposal is in fact designed to be 100% backward compatible.

Anders