> 1. es6 generators and modules are the top 2 notorious things that come to
mind as being difficult to debug/integrate in product-development.

How exactly are generators and modules difficult to integrate or debug?
Difficult compared to what?

How are ES modules more complicated for the developer than CommonJS or UMD?

How come generators be more complex than handling a sequence of
asynchronous code using a user-land event-based API?

How difficult would it be for Javascript engines to optimize user-land code?

> 2. classes (and typescript, though not directly es6-related), tend to
create lots of unnecessary structure that becomes a PITA when you need to
rewrite everything, which occurs often in product-development. there are
lots of newly minted js-devs entering industry, who lack experience in
understanding the risks of javascript over-engineering (and that nothing
you write is permanent). they write lots of semi-permanent, es6
infrastructure-code during the initial design-phase, which is a general
no-no for many veterans, who understand most of that stuff is going to get
tossed out the window and rewritten during integration-phase (and again
everytime a ux feature-request comes in that breaks the existing
integration-workflow).

What exactly is this related to classes? While I myself am not a fan of the
whole classical syntactic sugar on top of prototypal chains, it's not the
language's fault that its features are frequently abused and misused.

What you're saying about over-engineering is not intrinsic to the
Javascript community, it's a software engineering problem.

Maybe it's because we work in a new field, with roughly 50 years (although
programming itself has changed a lot since the 60's). Maybe it's because
we're forming bad developers. Maybe it's because software development is a
really complex subject.

One thing we can know for sure is that the tools are not the problem. We
are. You can use a knife to cook a delicious meal, by you can also use it
to kill someone.

> 3. let and const declarations. most code you debug/write in javascript is
ux-related integration-code dealing with async-io, which relies heavily on
function-scoped closures to pass variables across process-ticks.
block-level scoping is an unnecessary design-pattern that leads to
confusion over the former.

This is an odd complaint, because variable hoisting was one of the more
convoluted features of Javascript, simply because it was different from any
other language I've heard of.

I don't think you could even call block-level scoping a "design pattern",
because it is a de facto standard for modern languages.

Henrique