Personally, I'm a huge fan of this proposal. It would integrate into the
language the extremely frequent idiom of defining a pick/pluck like
function. There is ample prior art in the form of Ramda's pick function
<https://ramdajs.com/docs/#pick>.as well as `pluck` in RxJS.

In fact, this exact proposal was at one point included in the proposal for
"extended dot notation", then removed in the interests of making making it
more digestible.

AFAICS the syntax is completely unambigious:

```
const pickName = .name; // equivalent to ({name}) => name
[{id: 1, name: "Bob"}, {id: 2, name: "Sally"}].map(pickName
```

The only objection I can think of is that the leading dot is sometimes hard
to see. I would have suggested using the hash mark--in fact, an early
version of the exptended dot notation proposal did propose that--but now
that has been taken by the private fields proposal, so unless we want to go
in the direction of keywords or magic operator sequences we are reduced to
using non-unary operators such as ^, so

```
const pickName = ^name;
```