I wonder if this could be accomplished with a proxy object instead of new
syntax.

```js
const o = new Proxy(/* some implementation */);

const pickName = o.name;

pickName({ name: "Bob" }); // "Bob"

// maybe this could work too with a recursive proxy
// with handlers for access and invocation
const safePickBaz = o.foo.bar.baz;

safePickBaz({ foo: 20 }) // undefined
```