Don't use interfaces in your firewall script.  Problem solved.

The only one I use is lo.  I also verify ip's are on the right interface.
Other than that all of the rest of my rules are ip based.  I have lots of
interfaces virtual and not on my firewall.  eth0,eth1,ipsec0,eth1:0-6.  IP
based rules with only a few interface rules work very well.

Cory