On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Bob Miller wrote:

> You can do all that based on IP address, not interface.
> For example...
>
>     # HTTP is the only TCP traffic we accept at 10.0.0.3.
>     iptables -A INPUT \
>               --in-interface eth0 \
>               --protocol tcp \
>               --destination 10.0.0.3 \
>               --destination-port ! 80 \
>               DROP

I'm going to try that.

there does seem to be some additional problem in that the second address
isn't responding to ping except from localhost (and I did drop in rules to
make it accept/reply to ICMP while I'm trying to make it function)

http://www.efn.org/~laprice        ( Community, Cooperation, Consensus
http://www.opn.org                 ( Openness to serendipity, make mistakes
http://www.efn.org/~laprice/poems  ( but learn from them.(carpe fructus ludi)