Thanks Ralph, Jim, et. al. for the advice.

I found bunzip2 command on the Mac OS X and it uncompressed successfully.

I am ready to burn it to CD.

Whoever suggested that I move the file back to X86 should be shot.

I have dealt with "big-endian" /"little-endian" issues before. All you need to know is that Sparc and PPC do it the "right way" and X86 does it the "wrong way". Too many people incorrectly use terminology such as "left" and "right" and gain a false understanding of what is important.

BTW. the "StuffIt" utility may have been working, I might have been a little impatient.

Rodney

Rodney Mishima wrote:

Hope this does not reveal how dumb I am.

I downloaded a Gentoo Sparc file which is a compressed ISO

It is <not the specific name, but the suffix is>

Gentoo-Sparc64.iso.bz2

How do I uncompress it to Gentoo-Sparc64.iso so I can burn it to a CD, then boot from it on my Sparc Workstation.

Thanks,

Rodney

P.S. I tried to uncompress the .iso.bz2 file on my Mac under OS X with the "Stuffit" utility, but it hangs up.