DOH! I forgot to list the really groovy tiny WM's

Blackbox/Fluxbox/Openbox (all the same really the name changes with
advancments...)

WindowMaker (this is a bit heftier than the rest, but a nice windowsmanager)
ICEWM
FVWM
FVWM-95
and for the really hardcore/spartan computer user: twm

I prefer blackbox to the above ones, but I usually use enlightenment... its
soo sweet and tasty I just cant resist!

Jamie

At 05:19 PM 7/17/03 +0000, you wrote:
>Tim Howe ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>>
>>On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:54:43 -0700
>>Rob Hudson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Recently I installed RedHat 9 on my laptop.  I haven't been able to
>>> get the wireless network card working.  (Jamie, any tips?)  During the
>>> process I came up with a few questions...
>>>
>>> How can I make the Gnome desktop run a little faster on my aging
>>> Pentium 233 laptop?  Or would KDE run any better?  I maybe have to
>>> switch to a lighter window manager and those are just too slow on an
>>> older system. I've got 128 MB of RAM in there.
>>>
>>> Regarding hardware... what's the best way to check if a particular
>>> piece of hardware works under linux?  Sometimes I google.  I recently
>>> found linuxhardware.net but it didn't have much.  Any other resources?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Rob