On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 10:06:03PM -0400, Grigsby, Garl wrote:
> Ok. If not the DLink, what about the older 3Com AirConnect cards? As I recall the
> antenna just popped off of them. Would they work? I've seen em on EBay for 15 or so.
> If not that, what card would be a good card that would support an external antenna?

Patrick has one with a SMA connector on it.  Think that perhaps they have
upgraded to RP-SMA now as required by certain laws, but its a Prism2 and
has good Linux support (and hackable power output can be raised to 100mW
and possibly higher, though higher might not be okay with the FCC..)

With the afore-mentioned caveat on the N-type connectors, you can get real
Orinoco cards at a good price from the UO bookstore.  They have them in
stock.

--
T. Joseph Carter                               A man wrapped up in himself
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         makes a very small package

<Crow_> hmm, is there a --now-dammit option for exim?