Oh yeah. There's 2 versions of the Senao card - one with a built-in antenna and plug on the side for an optional external antenna. The one I got has no internal antenna, and 2 MMCX plugs for external antennas (for recieve diversity).

As always, the Orinoco cards have awesome Linunx support, and a N-Female plug for an external antenna. The N-type plugs are known to be fickle and break easy, but watcha gonna do. They're not designed to be plugged and unplugged frequently.

-Brad

Grigsby, Garl wrote:
I've been itching to try this for some time, but I haven't got any hardware yet, other than my laptop. In fact I spent a couple of hours about a week ago bouncing around Ebay looking at wireless cards and GPS antennas. I've been thinking that I would prefer a USB GPS antenna, but I haven't looked at what is supported on Linux. So what GPS unit are you using? What wireless card? Are there any wireless PCMCIA cards that will support an external antenna? I've been looking at probably getting a DLink DWL-650 because a) they are cheap, and b) they seem to have pretty good Linux support (prism2).
So does anybody have a WiFi card they are looking to get rid of? I have some cash and lots of stuff I can trade. Just let me know.