On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 05:18:36PM -0800, Ben Barrett wrote:
> Doesn't that use a via c3 chipset?  As I understand it, most modern binaries
> will not run on the via c3, since it lacks MMX, 3DNow, and SSE extensions.

I actually gathered some info on processor capabilities a few weeks ago
by looking at dmesg'd posted to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  This is what I have
for VIA C3:

VIA C3 Samuel 1 ("CentaurHauls" 686-class) 652 MHz
FPU,DE,TSC,MSR,MCE,MTRR,PGE,MMX,3DNOW

VIA C3 Samuel 2 ("CentaurHauls" 686-class) 533 MHz
FPU,DE,TSC,MSR,MTRR,PGE,MMX,3DNOW

VIA C3 Ezra ("CentaurHauls" 686-class) 665 MHz
FPU,DE,TSC,MSR,MTRR,PGE,MMX,3DNOW

VIA C3 ("CentaurHauls" 686-class) 1 GHz
FPU,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,MTRR,PGE,CMOV,MMX,FXSR,SIMD

Yes, they are oddballs.  They claim to be 686's, but some lack CMOV
None have SSE, but SSE is much newer than Intel's early 686s.
I believe it's the lack of CMOV on older models is what causes 686
optimized binaries to not work.

OpenBSD supports the crypto functions of these CPUs: