On Feb 9, 2004, at 3:03 AM, T. Joseph Carter wrote:

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 10:51:11PM -0800, Brian Baker wrote:
One other note on this. If you are running Kudzu, it may detect your usb mouse
during boot up and want to configure it for you.

Don't let it!!

It will remove your ps2 mouse and you will be stuck with an X windows that
will only work if you have the usb mouse plugged in. Just tell it to ignore
the new hardware.

I've lost count of how many time I've made that mistake.

The joys of 2.6... That problem goes away. All mice are /dev/input/mice.
And um, why would you ever NOT use a USB mouse? Laptop maybe?

I have some ps/2 mice, a maple mice, and a serial mouse that I still use sometimes....