Yep, I've tried garnome... that's why I have leftover cruft I want to
get ride of.  I was trying 2.4 before it made it into Debian testing.
But now that Debian has it via apt-get, I want to clear the slate and
start fresh.

In fact, after trying some more, it still brings up my background and
other setttings, and something about the panel is misconfigured and
won't even launch.

-Rob

On 20040308.1103, Larry Price said ...