On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:49:57AM -0600, Christopher Forsythe wrote:
> >On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 11:02:39PM +0000, Bob Crandell wrote:
> >LDAP is built in to exchange.
> >
> >Cory
>
> Not totally correct. Active directory is based on ldap, and exchange
> 2000 is dependent on active directory. Exchange is also an active
> directory aware system. Now if this person were to be using exchange
> 5.5 or below, then the assumption that ldap is there would be
> incorrect. For the most part you are right though. :D
Excuse me?  When's the last time you've looked at an Exchange 5.5 server.  It
has a built in ldap server that ties in to all of the entries in the server.
Try pointing an ldapsearch at it and see what comes out.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to Your