Cory Petkovsek wrote:

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:49:57AM -0600, Christopher Forsythe wrote:

y correct. Active directory is based on ldap, and exchange 2000 is dependent on active directory. Exchange is also an active directory aware system. Now if this person were to be using exchange 5.5 or below, then the assumption that ldap is there would be incorrect. For the most part you are right though. :D

Excuse me?  When's the last time you've looked at an Exchange 5.5 server.  It
has a built in ldap server that ties in to all of the entries in the server.
Try pointing an ldapsearch at it and see what comes out.

Cory

Last I checked, it can be turned off on exchange 5.5, but can't on exchange 2000, as it has to be on for active directory.