Neverwinter Nights has native Linux support. Battlefield II is splashed all over the latest Cedega press releases, so I assume it works pretty well. Check out www.transgaming.com for a list of games supported by the Cedega libraries (a gui wrapper around Wine, more or less). Cedega isn't free but it's only $15 for access to their download site, and for a lot of games it seems to be a great solution.

For Adobe/Office, go with the CrossoverOffice product, which is about $60 IIRC. Their number one goal is to support these apps and to the best of my knowledge they've succeeded.

So, basically, you can pay much much less than a Windows license, to get some commercial support for your Windows apps on Linux... Basic Windows apps tend to run out of the box with Wine, too.

-Max

Lord Ogier de Corbeil wrote:
I play the following:

Battlefield II
Dungeon Seige II
GTA: San Andreas - Yes, I have the hot coffee patch and No, it really isn't all that special...
Never Winter Nights
F.E.A.R.

I also use the Adobe stuff as well as MS Office a lot.

I will make the switch in a hot minute though if I can continue to play my games. :)

Ron