Interesting.  I did use some vaseline ("petroleum jelly") on the flat
surfaces.  The specified torque seemed way too low, it was about the lowest
setting on my smallest torque wrench, so I tightened it to what I thought
was reasonable, which ended up about 10x the specified torque.  Maybe just
a typo on the data sheet.